Thursday, 28 November 2013

Diary of a New Wedding Planner Part 2

I posted not long ago about my desire to become a wedding planner. Well here it is my first wedding has been and gone so quickly! To recap from my first entry as a wedding planner, my cousin's fiance asked me to plan her wedding reception on their return from getting wed in Vegas in October 2013. I obviously took up the challenge and with only 12 weeks to complete all the details it was definitely tough. I can honestly say that the entire planning of the event and the wedding itself went very smoothly! 

I also designed and drew the couples invitations - they are both owners of 1980's mini's and they wanted to have them hand drawn on the wedding invitation. With me being the artistic type I volunteered and they love it and had over 100 printed!



The week running up to the wedding is known for being a hectic week and my 1st experience was no different. Liaising with the venue, the florist, the chair cover company and most importantly the bride and groom were all part of my job in that week. The night before the wedding was great fun, when setting up the room for the wedding the next day. Seeing everything coming together after so many weeks is definitely satisfying. Going over the final details and numbers again and again helped me be clear when liaising and directing various suppliers. I also found producing an itinerary for the whole day benefited not only me but the suppliers I gave it to. I highlighted specific details for each supplier so they knew the delivery of the event throughout the day. I would recommend any trainee wedding planner to do this as it keeps things on time and avoids delays! Here are some of my pictures from the wedding!











My lovely thank you flowers from the Bride and Groom



Jodie x

1 comment:

  1. Hi there nice blog about the Party Planners this is helpful for everyone who looking for best party planners in town. Thanks for sharing such useful information keep continue. I will be back very soon.



    Birthday Party Planner in Gurgaon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a lovely message! I reply to all of my comments and love reading each one so please leave your thoughts here :)